Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

For the Love of Earrings: Baldy with Tearful Eye Earring


I was just trying to draw a face, just practicing how to go about it. I drew the eyes first, followed by the eyebrow, then the nose and finally the lips. I liked what I saw and drew a face. I liked what I saw, so I added the ears and neck and shoulder. I wanted to add some hair but I got short of space. I was drawing in a small notebook. She looked awesome being bald. So I kept her that way. I added the earrings and necklace last.

The design of her jewelry means a lot to me. A few months ago my daughter got so sick that whenever she pooped, watery discharge would overflow her diaper causing us to change beddings every time. She cried a lot during that time. Even though she was almost dehydrated, her tears are still huge for me and I can really see them spring from her eyes. I don’t ever want to forget that. So I designed a tearful eye earring to remember. originally intended it to be a crocheted piece. (At that time, I was crazy about crocheting with plarn, but thanks to my daughter, I can’t do that much these days. She would always beg to in my lap whenever she sees me doing something. Then she plays with my plarn, breaking it. So now I draw to have an outlet of creative juice.)

When I got satisfied with what I draw, I photograph it and edit it in Photoshop where I color it. I really love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment