Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Who am I?

I am Moira and I made this blog to help promote my zazzle store MIMAMOIRA . For my first post, I'll introduce myself and my art. ",)


 I create art mainly to express my hidden desires like wanting things I could not have or to immortalize a memory or thought. It means expressing myself, exploring things I could never personally speak of.
Creation of art makes me feel satisfied especially when I've created something I really like looking at. I wish to convey varied emotions, depending on my state of mind. If I'm happy, contented, angry, or whatever. 



Inspirations come to me in many ways. Most of the time, my own aspirations, memories and emotions are enough. Sometimes, characters from stories inspire me.

As of now, I have no definite message to convey. That is something I'd like to find out as I journey through art.

Some pieces are done in minutes, especially the abstract ones. The portraits take hours to perfect.

Blonde Blythe is one of my inspiration. I really like the fact that she did not start out as an artist when she was young. I'm like that too, I had other interests and I always got the "FAIR" mark during art class.

I have no vision or philosophy yet with regards to art. Once again, that is something I'd like to find out as I journey through art.



I create my art in Photoshop. I make my own brushes and just stamp them all over the canvass, color the spaces till I'm satisfied with the outcoume. That's how I make my abstract art. As for the portraits, I sketch them out first in my small notebook. I photograph and edit it in Photoshop till I'm satisfied. I like it like this because most of my mess is electronic, it does not take a lot of space in my house. ",)


My goals for the future? Sell a lot a mousepads through Zazzle , make a lot of art work, improve my technique, add movement to my art, and become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment