Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fairy Angel



The Fairy Angel is swearing to protect you at all times. The details on her wings and dress are inspired by Zentangle. Her pose is innovated from Rhett Eala’s red empire-cut dress that appeared in Metro Dec 2006-Jan 2007 issue.

The idea of making an angel is floating in my mind for quite some time. I wanted to make one for a special person (let’s call that person A) in my life undergoing a huge trial. The angel (yes, she is supposed to be an angel, not a fairy) is in the gesture of taking an oath because I’d like A to be assured that we are here. We can’t face the trial for A but he/she can always rest in our arms anytime she gets tired.

When I showed this drawing to my family, all of them said “What a cute fairy!” I protested, “She’s not a fairy, she’s an angel for A!” All of them said, “Angels have bird wings, not butterfly wings.” Well, so I surrendered. Fine she’s a fairy. But she’s still an angel to me. So I called her Fairy Angel.


Fairy Angel bag
Fairy Angel by mimamoira
Start selling my art online with zazzle.
Fairy Angel apron
Fairy Angel by mimamoira
Many more aprons available online at zazzle.com
Fairy Angel mug
Fairy Angel by mimamoira
Make Travel mugs online with Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment