Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

IF: Midsummer Night

Midsummer Night ornament


I love the moon.
I want to be with it.
But it doesn't look good up close anyway.
So, I'll be content watching it from afar

on this beautiful midsummer night.

Midsummer night? I have no idea what that is. Living in a city where the climate is roughly the same all throughout the year, solstice, equinox, etc just don't mean a thing. But what I gather from the internet it seems to be like the most beautiful night to stay out late and just enjoy the night. So, if I had to spend a night so late, I'd like to sit by myself in the top of a grassy hill and enjoy watching the night sky.

I sketched this in ink on a piece of oslo paper, and I photographed it. With Photoshop I applied color. I wanted to do it VanGogh style. But its too painful on the wrist. I wished to capture the beauty of the night and being one with nature for at least a night.

But when I made this, I was actually trying to represent some things in my life. Things that are just so out of reach for now that I'd need a rocket with the whole world's fuel supply just to reach it. Right now, I'll be content watching them from afar. Soon I'll have the strength to reach them.

You might like this, a free July 2011 calendar!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it. It was pretty painful on the wrist when I colored it in Photoshop. ^^,

    ReplyDelete